NIEIR conducts an annual workshop called the Energy Working Party and Stakeholder Group. The workshop provides a forum for energy industry representatives to discuss the latest developments with our consultants as well as others in the industry. The Energy Working Party , which has been held every year since the mid-1980s, is the only one in Australia organised by an energy consultancy.
Developments in the following areas are discussed and debated:
- economic outlook and energy trade
- energy and environment (mainly climate change and energy efficiency)
- oil outlook
- gas outlook (international, domestic, state demand forecasts by sectoral class)
- electricity outlooks (international, domestic, state demand forecasts by sectoral class)
- coal (international, domestic)
- uranium (international, domestic)
In addition to the workshop each year, two updates on the workshop topics are prepared and distributed to our Energy Working Party and Stakeholder Group members, one in October and the other in March.
For further information on the Energy Working Party please fill out the contact form below.